Party with a Local – awesome concept! But what about Safety? It’s about strangers meeting up, isn’t that dangerous?…
We aim to grow our community with only fun and open-minded travellers and locals who love to party, but party safe and are respectful of other users. But any service which is about relative strangers meeting up, could potentially be dangerous. We think we’ve taken some very good measures to make it safe for all users. These measures, together with some common sense, should make sure there are only good experiences and great nights out with Party with a Local. Here’s some of the measures we have taken and a few tips to help you stay safe when Partying with a Local:
- Choose your local (or traveller) carefully – The Party with a Local App helps you to know something about a local or traveller before you actually meet up with them. Users can only sign-up using Facebook, so you can be pretty well assured that they are a real person who has a Facebook account (Tip: check that they have more than 0 friends). You can see user’s name (no last name though), photos of them, their biography, their occupation and their number of friends from Facebook. You can also view their details section where they have extra info about their party preferences. (Tip: We suggest only meeting up with someone with a complete profile.)
- Reviews – objective reviews from other users are a very good, and important ,way to find out what someone is like and what they will be like to meet and party with. Reviews are built-in to a users profile and you can easily write a review of anyone you know or have met via the app.
- Age Restriction – Users must be over the age of 18 to use the Party with a Local app.
- Limited Location sharing – The app only provides an estimate of the users location and doesn’t display a users location on a map or give a distance of how close or far away someone is.
- Chat first, meet later – We advise chatting with someone a bit first before meeting them, this will give you a sense of the sort of person they are and what they are up for party-wise.
- Super Locals – We have a rank of user called a ‘Super Local’ who are users we have hand-picked as great people to party with, as well as being honest, trustworthy and safe people to party with.
- Meet in public – we always recommend meeting and partying with a local or traveller in a public place, like a bar or club that you or they can suggest from nearby venues the app finds, rather than meeting at (or staying at) a stranger’s house which is potentially more dangerous (& awkward).
- Safety in Numbers – More people usually means more fun partying, right? Whilst it’s called ‘Party with A Local’ we encourage partying with multiple localS and/or travelers at the same time. (Tip: ask the user you are chatting with who, and how many people, they are partying with before you meet them.)
- Common Sense! – if someone sounds or looks dodgy, maybe they are. We don’t screen all the users who join our community. Use your common sense and simply don’t meet up with someone who you don’t like the sound of. Only use the Party with a Local app to find someone you think you will get along with and have fun with – that’s what it’s all about afterall!
- Report a user – We are are taking measures to ban users who don’t fit the Party with a Local vibe or abuse the system. If you come across someone who is being abusive, offensive or harassing you, you can report it within the app via the Feedback Button or email us via email@example.com and report a user. We will investigate and ban the users where necessary.
…Following these simple measures, tips and common sense should make sure you have only great experiences and meet great people using the Party with a Local App. Party on!
Got more questions about Safety? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org